Sunday, August 14, 2011

details, details-

Whoooooooo boy!  Did I ever put one together THIS time!  (and these awesome volunteers actually came back to finish panel no. 62, The Hayward Community Gardens...)  THEY CAME BACK!  I must have been in a trance when I drew this one out.  Needless to say, you all have my "word" that this will NOT happen again - hmmmm
 ...and yet ANOTHER New Recruit!!!!  Welcome to the Team Mary!  (Can you believe this?  She actually plans on coming back!)  Love these people, truly I do-







At right, the return of Lisa D.  Who has discovered a latent talent for painting "Florals"  Get ready (- anyone on this gal's Christmas list...) and make room on a wall.  I think she has found yet another "calling"
Ginny (at far right in this photo) travels from Los Gatos to join in the creation of The Great Wall of Hayward. Today, however  tested her patience with Hollyhocks.  I didn't help by providing a different "sheen" of paint. (My bad)  Lesson learned though.."Flat's where it's At!"

The most dedicated talents of Bob and Liz returned as well - seen here diving into panel no. 63 "The Hayward Plunge"  Not to be overlooked, but missing in the photos, is Porschia, who carved out more than a few hours to help this accidental muralist get back on track.



So, here ya GO!  The Hayward Community Gardens...if you look close enough, you may even be able to spot  bug or two. (kiddin')  I didn't go quite THAT far...close though, very close

The Hayward Plunge is no. 63.  This large and iconic Municipal Pool  site seems to bring back fond (?) memories for more than a few Hayward residents.

At left then, ( and there's one in every crowd...) the person who is afraid of the water, and the one who's determined to get them into it...(personally, my brother comes to mind)  Thanks for the fun concept, Ginny!  Likewise, thanks to EVERY one who keeps this project in thought and provides so much encouragement...you know who you are.   Only 5 panels left to complete, my friends...5.  Stay tuned next week, as we take a look at Hayward's many "Festivals" - that's it, Jean "out"

1 comment:

  1. Hayward Community Gardens... gorgeous. I feel like I am there. I am particularly fond of the butterfly (?) mosaic/cracked sculpture. The detail in the entire panel is beautiful. Digging the diving paint brushes. Enjoy your last 5 panels and your team! PIMof3

    ReplyDelete