Monday, June 13, 2011

Guess I got to spinning one too many plates...

Kinda "missed" a week there - didn't I?  Well, the team  WAS indeed hard at work last week - as were they again this week.  Amazing bunch.  Our die-hard "regulars" and the welcome presence of 2 new volunteers really made for some great stuff...

So here are the three latest completed panels along Jackson.  Know that two more are each 75% complete as well, so next week ought to be an exciting one for all involved.  (Did I mention that someone reported us to the Police again? - I mentioned to the Officer that if this indeed were a"tag"...we'd have to get it into the Guinness Book!)   Thankfully, the man had a good sense of humor...

Hayward's Official "City Flower" - the Carnation
Just a bit of trivia...it's always been my favorite as well-

The Ranch Restaurant - established in 1948 and still
thriving today @ the corner of Mission & Jackson



At left, is the first of a two-panel piece on the Hayward Airport.  (and note the "ghost images" of WWII planes filling in the background!) A Resident of the Grand Terrace Community asked if we'd feature it, provided the photographs and made a "timely" arrival today just as we were finishing up.  I am pleased to report that we have yet another "Happy Camper"
(way to go Wall-Wonders!)


So, 51, 52 & 53...
Life is Good
Jean





3 comments:

  1. Beautifully detailed as usual. Wait until the lad sees that you have more birds! PIMof3

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Cessna plane is very cool! Love the tail numbers. The rookie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up in Los Angeles, Venice Beach area, so now living in Hayward, this programs just makes me feel like a found my second home. I love Hayward, CA. For many reasons.

    ReplyDelete