Sunday, May 22, 2011

What a Difference a Day Makes

Well, I took a couple of days away from the Wall...and just fell short of Plan for this week folks, my apologies...it wasn't for a lack of "help" though...I own this one. Lesson:  "Goals are as good as they are realistic".  So here's the "New Twist" -

The surface of the Jackson Street panels is far more rough than anticipated.  So, (see Matt left) we now have to "float" each panel with a leveling agent so as to make the surface smooth enough to paint upon.  This adds generally two hours and a myriad of sore muscles to each panel.  (at right...the remaining 18 panels...yes, you read this correctly...49 down - 18 to go)

 ...and as per usual, we would NOT be where we are without my "A-Team" (A stands for Awesome by the way)...Matt, pictured above, Sarah Hilen (who came over from RENO for two days, and Liz and Bob Bathgate - (The ever-determined Bob arrived with a gas-powered generator today and I am pleased to announce that the once mighty gecko feet have fallen to his creativity! ....and one slightly "worn" wire abrasion disc- GO BOB!) 


 ...so here's #48....the paint brushes are back (but then, they never really left!) and they are hiking through Garin Park - strewn with vistas and apple orchards...these two brushes are sharing a "find" of sorts...while the panel leading up to #48 features the brushes hiking the Loop Trail up to a view of the Bay and salt ponds.  (This panel WILL be completed next Wednesday...I guess I let my Hope get out of hand...but then, that's me and I have no intent of "changing" anytime soon).  As always, my thanks for your power-filled thoughts and most gracious support each week- YOU people are priceless. 
-Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment